1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Product Information
2.1 Please check before fitting a part
- (a) We strongly recommend that vehicle parts be fitted by suitably qualified professionals. Many Products are shipped without fitment instructions as they are intended for fitment by qualified professionals.
- (b) Laws and regulations differ in various jurisdictions, and we do not warrant that any Product is legal for use in your jurisdiction, or safe for use with your vehicle. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Product is appropriate and compatible with your vehicle or other equipment, and complies with all applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.
- (c) Advance Auto Parts makes no guarantee as to the condition, suitability or merchantable quality of the second hand item you purchase at or from our yard. The buyer is entirely responsible for examining and determining whether or not the parts are suitable for their requirement.
2.2 What fits my vehicle?
- (a) The Site offers a search tool to assist you in finding compatible products if you specify the make, model, year and specifications of a vehicle. To ensure best results, we strongly recommend that you:
- (i) complete as much information on the search tool as possible, as even minor details can be crucial;
- (ii) check each Product upon receipt to confirm you have the correct Product for your vehicle and contact us if you have any queries; and
- (iii) double check compatibility and all relevant measurements before beginning any mechanical work involving the Product (including preparing or dismantling any part of the vehicle).
- (b) If you find you have purchased the wrong Product for your vehicle, please contact us as soon as possible and we will try to identify and source the correct part for you.
- (c) We will accept returns of Products within 7 days of purchase, but only if they are returned with all components complete, undamaged and in resalable condition, with proof of purchase. If you return a Product under this clause, we will (after verifying that the returned Product meets return requirements):
- (i) replace the original Product with the correct Product for your vehicle (if available), and adjust for any price difference;
- Please note that we do not offer any refund at all.
- (d) If you attempt to return a Product that is not returned with all components complete, undamaged, in resalable condition and with proof of purchase, you will not be entitled to replacement. We may refuse to accept the return, and make it available for pickup, or require that you pay for freight costs before we ship the Product back to you. We reserve the right to dispose of the item if you have not either pick up the item or pay for freight costs within 15 business days.
3. Your Rights and Obligations
- (a) You agree to:
- (i) comply with this agreement; and
- (iii) use the Site in good faith.
- (b) You warrant that the information you have supplied to us is correct and current, and that you are over 18 years of age.
- (c) You must complete payment online at the time of ordering.
- (d) You must not scrape information from the Site for commercial purposes without our written consent.
4.1 Placing an order
- (a) The display of any items or promotions on the Site is an advertisement or offer to treat and not an offer. By placing an order (order), you are making an offer to buy subject to this agreement.
- (b) Your order is accepted by us when we process your payment, which results in a binding contract between you and us. You will receive emails confirming that each Product in your Order has been paid for and dispatched (Confirmation of Payment and Dispatch).
4.2 Delivery standards
- (a) All Products are dispatched from our warehouse (in Dandenong, Australia), and sent via various carriers.
- (b) We will endeavour to dispatch all Orders within one business day where possible, once we have confirmed receipt of payment. However, all dispatch times and delivery times are estimates only. We are not liable for late delivery or mis-delivery caused by factors outside our control.
- (c) Items may be delivered to you in more than one shipment.
- (d) You may grant us or the courier an ‘authority to leave’ when placing your Order. If you do, you agree that this authority to leave gives the couriers we use permission to leave the Products unattended at the delivery address without obtaining a signature confirming delivery. Delivery is then deemed to be completed, and the Products are at your sole risk. Please note that despite having an authority to leave, our courier may at its discretion decide that it is not safe or appropriate to leave the Products unattended.
- (e) We may not be able to deliver to some locations, and some Products are limited in delivery locations. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
- (f) We will not process your Order where:
- (i) You have supplied invalid payment or delivery details; or
- (ii) Payment is delayed or rejected.
- (g) If you supply incorrect payment or delivery details, we:
- (i) reserve the right to change or alter an address to the closest matching address on AusPost or Postal databases; or
- (ii) may take reasonable steps to contact you using the personal details you have provided.
- (h) However, we will not be held responsible for not fulfilling your Order, nor for being unable to advise you that this is the case.
- (i) If a Product is returned to us marked ‘Return to Sender’ because you have supplied us with an incorrect address, or you have failed to collect the Product in a timely manner after being provided with a delivery slip, then:
- (i) we will contact you to arrange for redelivery; and
- (ii) we may require payment of applicable freight costs before attempting redelivery.
4.3 Loss or damage in transit
- (a) You should check the Product carefully for damage before signing the delivery docket. Once you have accepted delivery of the Product as being undamaged, you may not be able to make a claim for loss or damage in transit.
- (b) To make a claim for loss or damage in transit you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you become aware that the Product may have been damaged or lost in transit. You will be asked to provide evidence of the damage (eg photos). We will ask our courier to investigate any lost items, and their records are prima facie evidence of delivery status.
- (c) You authorise us to complete any forms or take any action necessary for lodging a claim with the relevant courier or insurance company to make a claim for compensation for loss or damage in transit.
- (d) Once we have verified that the Product has been lost or damaged in transit, we may at our sole discretion send you a replacement Product, at our cost.
- (e) You must take care when opening the Product so as not to damage it, particularly when using any sharp instruments. We will not accept any claim for loss or damage in transit where the Product has been damaged by your own actions in opening the Product.
- (a) You must pay all and any quarantine expenses, import duties, levies or import, sales, transaction, use, excise, gross receipts, value added, property or other taxes, fines or duties of any kind applicable to the Product. These charges may be separately levied on you by the applicable authority.
- (b) You are solely liable for any additional costs or penalties incurred as a result of late payment, or storage, abandonment, disposal or other fees, fines or expenses incurred as result of your delay in picking up a Product from a depot or delivery centre after receiving a delivery slip.
- (c) We will not consider any order accepted, and will not dispatch any Product, without receiving payment in full.
- (d) You undertake and warrant that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Product from us will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or account or other payment method which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Product. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the Product.
- (e) If your payment is dishonoured or reversed for any reason, you must immediately make the payment again. We reserve the right to delay processing your order or delivering the Product until we receive full payment.
- (f) If your payment is dishonoured or reversed for any reason after the Product has been delivered, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy, we may recover the price of the Product together with any other expenses we have incurred, from you as a liquidated debt in a court of tribunal of competent jurisdiction irrespective of any claim that you may have against us for any thing or matter related to the Product.
6. Returns and Exchange Policy
You can contact us to return any Product within 7 days of purchase, subject to clause 2.2(c).
- (a) To request an exchange, please call us or email us at email@example.com. We reserve our right to refuse your request if:
- (i) the Product has been thrown away, destroyed, lost, or damaged through no fault of ours;
- (ii) the Product has been misused, abused or subjected to neglect, improper or inadequate care, carelessness, damage or abnormal conditions;
- (iii) the Product has been involved in any accident or damage caused by an incorrect attempt at modification or repair;
- (iv) the Product has been dealt with or used contrary to our or the manufacturer’s instructions for the Product;
- (v) the Product has deteriorated through normal wear and tear; or
- (vi) too much time has passed, where time runs from the date of supply until the fault or problem would reasonably be expected to appear.
- (a) Advance Auto Parts makes no guarantee as to the condition, suitability or merchantable quality of the second hand item you purchase at or from our yard.
- (b) You warrant that you have exercised your own judgement as to the suitability of the Product for your purposes.