Our cars, one of humans’ greatest inventions, are indeed complex machines. They are made up of different kinds and sizes of parts and components that all work together for your mobility, driving convenience, safety, and more. Being that all these different vehicle parts have each of their own functions and responsibilities, it is only natural to think that some will wear out and get tired faster than the others.
There are lots of factors that affect the rate of wear and tear of car parts. There’s the road conditions and climate of the place where you’re driving often. There’s also your driving style. And you can even consider how you are when it comes to maintaining and fixing your car.
But if you are really committed to maintaining your precious ride religiously, then knowing exactly which auto parts are in need of your time and attention more is but a must.
As a trusted Aussie auto parts supplier in Melbourne that has been in the industry for more than two decades, we are here to give you a list of the top 5 car parts that need to be replaced more often than the others. In that way, we’ll be able to help you in better keeping your beloved cars for a longer period of time.
- Oil Filters – If car drivers and owners would hear the word car maintenance, probably among the top things they would think about is doing car oil change, right? It is one of the most frequent maintenance tasks you need to do with your car. And every time you change your car’s oil, you also have to replace the oil filters. At an estimate, you’d have to replace them every 3 to 6 months or every 4,000 to 8,000 km.
- Windshield Wiper Blades – As these get dry and wet constantly, they tend to be brittle and may actually break down in a year or two. But if you live in a place with extremely high temperatures and your car isn’t kept in a garage, you might have to replace them twice a year at the very least.
- Air Filters – Because our car air filters are the ones that accumulate all the dirt and debris from the air and surroundings, we need to replace them often as well. They could last about 3 to 4 years; but if you’re frequently driving on sandy, rocky, and dusty gravel roads, then, you might want to check on them more often.
- Brake Pads – Surprised that these need to be replaced more often than than your tyres? Well, because of the constant heat and friction once you hit your brakes, they are more prone to wear. At an estimate, they’ll last about 3 to 5 years. However, their replacement frequency will depend greatly on how heavy your vehicle is (during use), your driving style/habits, and if you experience stop-and-go traffic more often.
- Battery – Almost all kinds of batteries have a lifespan of 4 to 5 years. Though they aren’t really affected by the distance you’ve travelled, intense heat and poor driving habits could run down your battery even faster – cut that to about 3 years.
Not only do we want to help you know which parts of your car are in need of more frequent replacement; but also, we want you to be less stressed about it. We are trusted by many clients in the used car parts Melbourne industry. Don’t waste your time and effort in finding affordable auto parts online and offline. Head straight to Advance Auto Parts. We have a huge stockpile of all these 5 parts as well as other top quality and cheap auto spares and consumables that you’ll need.